Our client is a community managed, not for profit community housing provider that provides social and affordable housing across NSW.
The Tenancy Officer provides housing assistance solutions and tenancy management in a specific housing portfolio. You will coordinate support services and community participation programs to ensure long-term housing solutions and sustainable tenancies are maintained. You will manage neighbourhood disputes and identify and deliver service improvements. You play a critical role with the team and will be the primary client service interface with the community.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with various tenant support agencies and government departments
- Appropriate and accurate management of Tenant accounts and records.
- Periodically complete property out/ingoing inspections in a timely and effective manner.
- Respond to routine, vacated maintenance requests and follow-up with the Maintenance Officer
- Support tenancy and community participation initiatives.
- Ensure services are delivered and compliant in accordance with the respective Service Funding Agreement, Agency Support Agreement, Registration and Accreditation and other applicable legislation
- Current NSW driver’s license and willingness to travel
- Certificate IV in Social Housing or Real Estate or equivalent experience
- Experience in managing a portfolio of tenancies in social or private sector housing
- Detailed knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act
- It is a requirement of this position that applicants who apply must have or must be willing to apply for a valid National Police Check, a Working with Children Check and a valid Vulnerable Persons Check
If you would like to work for an organisation committed to making a positive difference in the community, please send in your resume along with your cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.