The Chief Housing Officer (CHO) reports directly to the CEO and is part of the Executive Leadership Group and is responsible for leading the Customers and Communities teams to deliver high quality tenancy management and community engagement programs that improve outcomes for tenants.
With 4 direct reports and a team of 20, the CHO is responsible for driving continuous improvement of policy and practice in tenancy management and community services whilst supporting the CEO to position the organisation for growth and maintain tier 1 national registration.
- Providing inspirational leadership and coaching to ensure high levels of performance and staff engagement.
- Leading change and contributing to the identification and analysis of opportunities to grow services and the housing portfolio.
- Ensuring effective results against key performance indicators and financial targets associated with tenancy management, allocations, community engagement and outcomes for tenants.
- Contribute to whole of business strategic planning and the development and implementation of operational/business plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with support providers, auditors and other key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the accurate recording of information and best use of the organisations tenancy management systems.
- Providing reporting to the Board and sub committees.
- Ensuring the organisation maintains tier 1 national registration and compliance with a legal and regulatory policy.
- Support the Board and CEO raise the profile and influence of the organisation by being an active member of the community and the community housing sector.
The successful person must have or be able to demonstrate:
- At least 3 years senior management experience in community housing or other relevant sector;
- Significant experience leading diverse teams and managing change.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business management, social housing or community services;
- Sound knowledge of social housing management, policy and registration requirements;
- Demonstrated financial management;
- Demonstrated experience driving best practice customer service and community engagement programs;
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and ethical behaviour.
(Please refer to the PD for the full details)
This is an exciting time to join the Housing Trust. Your exceptional leadership skills, drive and knowledge will be rewarded through an excellent remuneration package and a rewarding career developing teams and improving outcomes for society's most vulnerable.
Please include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a resume with your application.