Our client has been providing housing to single women since 1982. Single women are the fastest growing group homeless group.
This tier 2 registered community housing provider needs your exceptional organisational skills, empathy and sense of urgency and compassion to support these women to sustain their tenancies, put them in touch with support services and encourage their involvement and participation in community programs and other tenant events that help improve their lives.
The Housing Manager role is a busy one. You report to the Team Leader and will be responsible for a portfolio of properties and their tenancies.
You must demonstrate:
- Exposure and understanding of tenancy management systems
- Knowledge of support providers
- Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA)
- Ability to collect rent and manage payment plans
- Experience attending NCAT (tribunal) for when things do not go as planned
- Attend and run a selection of tenant engagement and participation initiatives
- Be able to be an effective, multi-tasking member of the team who works hard and is motivated by helping others.
Essential Criteria: To be successful in this role you must have:
- Have at least 1 years’ experience working in tenancy management in real estate, Housing NSW or government
- Have attended or supported attendance at NCAT
- Commitment to supporting those in crisis
- Exceptional computer skills
- Excellent letter writing and communication skills - the ability to diffuse difficult conversations
- Have an even temperament who stays calm under pressure and can role model the values of a community services worker.
- A current and full NSW driving licence (i.e. not probationary)
- Relevant qualifications in social housing or real estate
- Knowledge of Housing Pathways and social housing policy and practice.
Please note that being female is a genuine occupational requirement of this role [Sec 31 Anti-Discrimination Act 1977].