About Wesley Mission
Wesley Mission is a multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work together to provide disadvantaged Australians a variety of critical services, including accommodation services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, aged care, and healthcare services.
Wesley Community Housing
As a tier 2 registered community housing provider, Wesley Community Housing delivers safe, secure and affordable housing solutions for those on very low, low or moderate incomes.
Wesley Community Housing is responsible for the delivery of quality tenancy and property management services across a range of housing options, with the purpose of achieving safe, secure housing and assisting tenants to access life-enhancing opportunities, and to engage in safe and inclusive communities.
About the Role
Our passionate and friendly Community Housing Team provide safe and affordable housing options to some of the most vulnerable members of our community. Presently, our team has a wonderful Maintenance Officer opportunity available. We are seeking a flexible and adaptable team member who be responsible for using their strengths and skills to ensure:
- repairs and maintenance are completed in a timely manner for all Wesley Community Housing properties
- repairs and maintenance are completed to agreed asset and customer standards for all Wesley Community Housing properties
- repairs and maintenance are delivered in a cost-effective manner and within an appropriate timeframe
- positive relationships are established with tenants and other stakeholders when engaging in the delivery of the aforementioned services
- appropriate technical qualifications in carpentry, trade, or related building discipline
- demonstrated experience managing and delivering property maintenance duties within community housing, social housing and/or private rental housing sectors
- demonstrated knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act 2010; knowledge of best practice and quality standards within the housing services sector
- demonstrated working knowledge of Australian Standards, WHS regulations and BCA
- demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively in teams
- demonstrated ability to provide high levels of customer service
- demonstrated ability to prioritise a demanding workload and operate independently
- demonstrated ability to use the tenancy and property management system, Greentree, as well as the Microsoft Office suite
- NSW drivers licence, and ability to travel across the Sydney, Central Coast and Newcastle regions
- Senior First Aid Certificate, or willingness to obtain
Why Wesley Mission?
Wesley Mission offers an attractive salary, car allowance and salary packaging benefits. A great city location, healthy training budget and wonderful career opportunities abound. Staff events, reward and recognition and flexible working arrangements round off this excellent opportunity in this growing industry.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications for this role close on 15 March 2019.
To apply, please click on the appropriate link below to submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Alyssa Mulray at email@example.com, quoting Ref No. 843974.