About Wesley Mission
Wesley Mission is a multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work together to provide disadvantaged Australians a variety of critical services, including accommodation services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, aged care, and healthcare services.
Wesley Community Housing
As a tier 2 registered community housing provider, Wesley Community Housing delivers safe, secure and affordable housing solutions for those on very low, low or moderate incomes.
Wesley Community Housing is responsible for the delivery of quality tenancy and property management services across a range of housing options, with the purpose of achieving safe, secure housing and assisting tenants to access life-enhancing opportunities, and to engage in safe and inclusive communities.
About the Role
We now have an excellent career opportunity for a driven and adaptable leader who will be responsible for the delivery of quality tenancy and asset management services to approximately 300 tenancies. You will lead a team of 2 x Tenancy Officers, 1 x Community Engagement Officer, 1 x Customer Service Officer and 1 x Asset and Maintenance Officer.
You will be responsible for:
- providing technical expertise, leadership and supervision to the Housing and Asset teams
- ensuring the consistent delivery of quality customer service
- ensuring the consistent delivery of day to day operations that meet team and individual performance expectations
- meeting, managing and reporting on budget in tenancy and asset management
- driving community and partnership engagement to enhance service delivery and outcomes for clients
- supporting the Operations Manager with project and strategic activities that ensure the continuous improvement and national registration of Wesley Community Housing
- experience leading a team
- knowledge of social housing policy, regulation and the Residential Tenancy Act
- proven success implementing best practice policies and procedures in a similar environment
- proven commitment to the development and implementation of community and customer engagement strategies
- commercial acumen and the ability to work with various stakeholders, budgets and work plans
- demonstrated commitment to driving high performance and leading teams in a flexible and adaptive work environment
- demonstrated experience of tenancy and risk management working within community or social housing and/or private rental sector
Personally, you will demonstrate resilience and want to be part of building something. You must be able to deal with change, ambiguity and have a transparent and honest communication style.
Why Wesley Mission?
Wesley Mission offers an attractive salary, car allowance and salary packaging benefits. A great city location, healthy training budget and wonderful career opportunities abound. Staff events, reward and recognition and flexible working arrangements round off this excellent opportunity in this growing industry.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.