Cancer Australia is a specialist agency of the Australian Government providing leadership in national cancer control across the continuum of care.
Cancer Australia’s purpose is to minimise the impact of cancer, address disparities, and improve the health outcomes of people affected by cancer in Australia.
The agency builds the evidence base to guide scientific improvements in cancer prevention, treatment and care; coordinates and liaises between the wide range of groups and health care providers with an interest in cancer; makes recommendations to the Australian Government about cancer policies and priorities and assists with the implementation of policies and programs in cancer control.
Cancer Australia is seeking 1 more Senior Project Officers. We have filled 4 of these roles already and have a number of candidates merit pooled at a Level 6 in the APS.
The Senior Project Officer (APS6) will:
- Contribute to the development of national initiatives using project management principles. Initiatives may include:
- Collaborating with a range of stakeholders to develop and implement evidence-based innovative models of cancer care
- Promoting and supporting the uptake of value-based and clinical best-practice cancer care for identified cancers and population groups
- Providing evidence-based guidance and reporting, and
- Undertaking analysis of reports and evaluations of projects
- Provide secretariat services to one or more of Cancer Australia’s advisory groups which, among other things, provide advice on emerging issues nationally and internationally to inform Cancer Australia’s work.
The candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to analyse and synthesise complex material
- Capacity to engage professionally with various stakeholders in the fields of government, the community and health care professionals
The candidate will possess:
- A sound understanding of the Australian health system
- Experience in evidence review, program evaluation and/or managing projects, preferably within a government agency
- Knowledge of Australian Government Procurement Guidelines and contract management
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline, as well as an interest in working towards a Master of Public Health or related field (if not already attained)
All applicants must submit a full resume and cover letter that outlines how you meet the requirements of the role and how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications will contribute to Cancer Australia’s purpose.
Flexible employment arrangement available.
Cancer Australia is an equal opportunity employer which upholds the APS employment principles and actively encourages a diverse and inclusive workplace.
To be eligible for employment with Cancer Australia applicants must be an Australian citizen at the time an offer of an ongoing employment is made.
Applications for this role close on 31 March 2019.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alyssa Mulray on 0401 665 168 or email email@example.com, quoting Ref No. 835521.