About our Client
Summer Housing’s mission is to expand the range and scale of diverse housing options for people with disability living in, or at risk of admission to, residential aged care, particularly younger people. Summer Housing’s vision is to see all people with disability and complex care needs have the opportunity to live in high quality housing that enables them to live as independently as possible, enhancing their health, wellbeing and participation in the community.
Role Primary Purpose
The role of the Tenancy Support Officer is to provide delivery of excellence in customer service through managing stakeholder performance to ensure the sustainability of tenancies. This is an excellent opportunity to get associated with a growing organisation committed to providing housing options for people with disability.
- Ability to respond and engage with people with disability in a housing / accommodation setting,
- Engage, inform and collaborate with key project stakeholders on assigned housing portfolio to achieve sustainable tenancies,
- Liaise with project stakeholders and tenants to resolve tenancy issues,
- Attend regular project meetings with project stakeholders
- Address issues with project stakeholders and maintain appropriate and accurate records,
- Review performance of project stakeholders and provide regular reports to line manager as required,
- Provide appropriate and correct tenancy related information to project stakeholders and others as necessary,
- Maintain current waiting list of prospective tenants and fill vacancies,
- Maintain knowledge and working relationships with other community services,
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant NDIS and Specialist Disability Accommodation legislation and other associated legislation.
(Please refer to the attached PD for the full list of responsibilities)
Essential role requirements:
- Demonstrated awareness of the key issues faced by people with disabilities relating to housing
- Understanding of NDIS, with reference to Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) preferred
- Skilled in managing customer expectations and applying discretion in dealing with sensitive issues and environments
- Experience in delivering quality client service
- Ability to work well in a team and autonomously
- Good organisation skills and an ability to work to strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- High level interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to liaise effectively at all levels and the ability to negotiate and influence successful outcomes
- Strong reporting skills and competency with Microsoft programs, particularly Word and Excel
- Well-developed problem solving and influencing skills including ability to recommend strategies for resolution
A Drivers Licence or access to transport essential.
This will be a work from home arrangement to start with and will involve intermittent travel to Melbourne. The ability to work independently delivering to outcomes is critical along with agility and the ability to be flexible. This will be a part time fixed term 12-month contract.
If you would like to express your interest for this role, please send in your resume in word format along with your cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.