About Wesley Mission
Wesley Mission is a multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work together to provide disadvantaged Australians a variety of critical services, including accommodation services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, aged care, and healthcare services.
Wesley Community Housing
As a tier 2 registered community housing provider, Wesley Community Housing delivers safe, secure and affordable housing solutions for those on very low, low or moderate incomes.
Wesley Community Housing is responsible for the delivery of quality tenancy and property management services across a range of housing options, with the purpose of achieving safe, secure housing and assisting tenants to access life-enhancing opportunities, and to engage in safe and inclusive communities.
About the Role
The Tenancy Officer reports to the Senior Housing Operations Officer and provides tenancy services to a portfolio of approximately 150 tenants in various locations.
You will be part of a team of 2 Tenancy Officers who are collectively responsible for the provision of quality tenancy and property management services to tenants with often complex needs. The purpose is to help all tenants sustain their tenancy and ultimately improve their lives.
To do this, you must have:
- robust knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and/or community housing guidelines
- experience working with internal and external stakeholders, support agencies and community groups to encourage community participation and improve outcomes for tenants
- experience working with individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- certificate IV in Social Housing and/or relevant experience in real estate or tenancy management
- proven ability to self-motivate and work independently to meet performance targets
- experience working with complex clients and people in crisis
- proven success working in teams and collaborating with others to improve outcomes for clients
- proven commitment to maintaining records, reporting and expert use of CRM or other computer system, preferably in a tenancy management environment
- proven success meeting financial and performance expectations including rent arrears, inspections and void and vacancy targets
- NSW drivers licence
- Senior First Aid Certificate, or willingness to obtain
Personally, you will demonstrate resilience, be adaptable and thrive in a face paced, constantly changing work environment with competing demands.
Why Wesley Mission?
Wesley Mission offers an attractive salary, car allowance and salary packaging benefits. A great city location, healthy training budget and wonderful career opportunities abound. Staff events, reward and recognition and flexible working arrangements round off this excellent opportunity in this growing industry.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.