Our Client is a not-for-profit provider of social and affordable housing. They have over 30 years’ experience and currently serve over 4,500 tenants and 2,300+ properties across NSW & the ACT. Their service and commitment at community level is what sets them apart as a leading community housing provider.
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Operations, the Team Leader is responsible for leading a team in managing tenancies within the managed region. The role is responsible for ensuring the team delivers quality tenancy management and support to customers presenting with complex needs to achieve stable housing. This is achieved by providing excellent team management, coaching and support to the Tenancy Officers, conducting regular performance reviews, and ensuring all team members are operating in a productive and safe environment.
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Operations, this role will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with various tenant support agencies and government departments including links with police and support agencies
- Providing full tenancy management/property management services to tenants including managing rent arrears, inspections and complaints
- Maintaining accurate and update to date tenancy records
- Approving initial income reviews
- Responding to routine maintenance requests and working closely with the internal Assets team to get repairs done
- Supporting tenancy and community participation initiatives
- Working collaboratively within the team, office and field environments and contribute to team outcomes
- Providing Leadership to a team of tenancy officers
Essential Skills: To ensure success in this position, you must have:
- Certificate IV in Social Housing or Real Estate or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working with complex clients and proven success improving their housing outcomes
- Experience in social or affordable housing or real estate coupled with an understanding of issues affecting socially disadvantaged groups eg drug and alcohol, mental health
- Detailed knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act
- Innovative and solutions focused
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to work unsupervised and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution Skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams
- It is a requirement of this position that applicants who apply must have or must be willing to apply for a valid National Police Check, a Working with Children Check and a valid Vulnerable Persons Check
If you would like to work for an organisation committed to making a positive difference in the community, please apply.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Employer of Choice for Women. People of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and other culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. People living with a disability are encouraged to apply.