Our client is a tier 1 not-for-profit community based provider of social and affordable housing. Their objective is to provide and manage secure, sustainable housing for people on low to moderate incomes.
Reporting to the CEO, this new role is a member of the Executive Team and leads of team of 15 people in the areas of Finance, IT, HR and compliance.
You will be responsible for delivering the financial reports to the Board and regulatory/funding bodies and partnering with the operations and strategy teams to facilitate growth in this exciting time of affordable and social housing in Australia.
The role is also responsible for Argyle’s IT strategy, risk and compliance frameworks and supporting the CEO to lead a culture of high performance and innovation through best practice HR management and organisational development programs.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing inspirational leadership and direction to the Finance Manager, HR and IT teams
- Supporting the business to assess new business opportunities through financial modelling, due diligence and feasibility studies
- Supporting growth through preparing financial information for tender responses, undertaking due diligence of potential M&A activity and building relationship with financiers
- Provide strategic financial advice to the Board and operations to aid decision making
- Lead the organisations HR framework and oversea payroll and related functions and activities
- Lead the organisations’ IT&T strategy to ensure the delivery of strategic and operational objectives
- Lead the organisation’s risk management framework and ensuring appropriate insurances and controls are in place.
- Ensure Argyle meets all financial, government and statutory reporting requirements
- Lead the budget and forecasting processes
- Ensure Argyle complies with all statutory, taxation, accounting standards and ASIC reporting requirements
- Being an active member of the community housing sector and raising the profile and reputation of Argyle Housing to be an employer of choice and a provider of choice
You must be able to demonstrated the following skills and experience. Please address these in your covering letter:
- Experience leading a diverse team whilst improving employee engagement, performance and retention
- Ability to improve the quality and effectiveness of monthly, quarterly and annual financial and management reporting
- Success improving financial reporting and efficient financial operations in a similar size environment
- Exposure to a NFP environment and its financial nuances
- Success improving an organisation’s risk and compliance framework
- Exposure and success leading a HR infrastructure
- Strategic IT management experience including ERP systems implementation
- Experience working in a growing environment with exposure financial management related to M&A activity, property management, property development or similar
- Leading a business that has strict legislative, licensing and compliance obligations eg to the government or other funding body(s)
Ideally you will have:
- Degree in finance
- CPA/CA qualified
- Minimum 5 years’ senior management experience
- Financial knowledge of the nuances of NFP
- Strategic IT management
- Ownership of risk and compliance ideally in a similar environment
This is a very exciting time to join the community housing sector. Our client is undertaking a transformation and requires leaders who can quickly gain confidence, can influence at a senior level and drive change. They can do this through genuine and authentic leadership and a proven history of success.