Bridge Housing is an award winning community-housing provider that provides affordable housing for over 1,600 households. They plan to build, own and/or manage over 2,000 by 2018.
Bridge Housing develops and maintains property, manages tenancies and provides opportunities and access to support services to improve the lives of their tenants.
The Housing Manager reports to the Team Leader and is primarily responsible for providing housing, tenancy and property management services to an allocated portfolio of properties in accordance to Bridge Housing policy and the Residential Tenancy Act.
This is done by:
- Delivering consistent and quality customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Managing and responding to high levels of tenant enquiries, complaints and grievances
- Managing tenant appeals and tribunal representation to effective resolution
- Conducting regular property inspections and ensuring that repairs and maintenance issues are reported
- Referral of tenants to relevant support providers, as well as other Bridge Housing services, such as the tenant advisory board
- Managing individual financial targets, including maximizing rent income, as well as reducing rental arrears, tenant debt, voids and vacancies, bonds and recharges
- Accurately recording all tenant information in Bridge Housing’s tenant management system.
Please respond to the following essential criteria in your cover letter:
- Your experience in tenancy management and driving a customer service culture, particularly with managing a portfolio of complex clients
- An outline of your technical knowledge in the conducting of property inspections and process for escalating maintenance issues
- Your knowledge and experience with using housing management systems, such as HOMES and TRIM etc.
- Your knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and experience with representation at the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)
- Your ability to meet arrears, vacant, void and budgetary KPI’s
- Your experience in managing compliance to policy and procedure, such as (but not limited to) Workplace, Health and Safety.
To ensure your success in this role you must have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent work experience
- Sound understanding of social housing management
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent relationship management and stakeholder management skills and ability to instil confidence and trust.
Bridge Housing has a clear strategy and plans for future growth. They are one of the leading Tier 1 Community Housing Providers in Australia governed by a great board, a committed and talented executive team and a workforce focused on improving the lives of the people we support.
Please include in your application a resume and a covering letter responding to the essential criteria outlined in the ad. Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 17 March 2017.